At Janine Dowling Design we believe Home is the most important part of our lives. It is where our family and our friends come together. Our goal is to create a home that reflects who you are and how you want to live. So when you enter the space, when your project is completed, you know you are Home.
We are a Boston-based full-service interior design firm specializing in interior decorating projects and architectural renovations. Our design services include space planning, furniture and fabric selection, accessories and artwork selection, lighting selection, color consultations, and architectural materials selection.
Janine Dowling, our founder, has a lifelong passion for all things design. Well-versed in a wide range of styles from traditional to transitional to modern, Janine works closely with her clients to develop the right style for their home, personality and lifestyle. Whenever possible, she looks to sustainable solutions that are long-lasting, beautiful, and gentle on the earth.
Interior Design Services in Winchester
Our interior design services have a broad range. Sometimes our clients need just a consultation for new ideas or paint colors or they may have a few rooms needing to be refurnished; other times they have a full scale remodel. We tailor our expertise to meet the requests of our clients. Over the years we have enjoyed keeping our project size varied and our visions flexible.
- Drawings and Specifications
- Molding Packages
- Built-In Cabinetry
- Room Refurnishings
- Color Consultations
- Interior Design
- Lighting Plans
- Interior Architecture
- Full Scale Remodel
- Bathroom Remodels
- Kitchen Remodels
- Artwork and Accessories
- Custom Furniture Design
Whether your current design project is a one-room refresh or a whole-house customization, we look forward to speaking with you about how we can your home feel even more like Home.
Process of Services a Design Firm Provides in Winchester, MA
In order to enhance the aesthetics, function and safety of interior spaces, interior designers must draw upon many disciplines. The way in which different textures, color, lighting, furniture, and space work together to meet the needs of the occupants are their main concerns. Interior designers are able to plan the interior space of all kinds of buildings, from offices, theaters, restaurants, hotels, shopping malls, hospitals, schools, airport terminals and of course private residences.
Most interior designers traditionally focus on decorating in other words choosing the color pallete, style and then the proper flooring and window coverings, furniture, lighting and artwork. That being said, more and more designers are also becoming involved in architectural detailing, for example built in bookshelf and crown molding, as well as in planning the layout of a building that is being renovated, this includes helping to determine where walkways, stairways, escalators and windows will be located.
An interior designer has to be able to read blueprints as well as understand all building and fire codes, they have to know how to make a space accessible for those who are disabled. Frequently designers will collaborate with electricians, architects and building contractors to guarantee that the designs are safe and meet all construction requirements.
Regardless of the space they are working on, the same process is followed by most designers. Programming is the first step, here is where the clients need s and wishes are determined. The designer will met with the client face to face and find out what the space will be used for and get a better understanding of the clients budget and preferences. The designer will look over the location and take inventory of anything that already exists, they will identify potential problems as well as positive attributes of the place.
Once all information has been gathered, a plan is formulated and costs are estimated. Nowadays designs are usually create by using computer aided software, this can provide better detail and it is eased to correct mistakes than on hand made sketches. Once the design plan is completed, it is presented to the client and any revisions that the client wants made are taken care of.
Once the design concept is completed, the designer will start to specify all the finishes, materials and furniture which are required for the project. Depending on how complex the project is, the design may also submit drawing to a construction inspector for approval ensuring that building codes are being met by the design. If structural work is required by the project, the designer will work with and engineer or an architect in that area. Many times design will require that contractors be hired to handle all the technical aspects. Designers may also be responsible for choosing contractors as well as writing work contracts.
Finally, a timeline is developed for the project, the designer will coordinate schedules and guarantee that the work is completed on schedule. The installation of the design elements is overseen by the designer, and once the project is finished, the designer and the client will look over the building site to guarantee that the client is satisfied.
Back Bay, Beacon Hill, South End, Boston, Weston, Dover, Wellesley, Brookline, Newton, Needham, Belmont, Sharon, Arlington, Cambridge, Natick, Carlisle, Sherborn, Sudbury, Winchester, Lexington, Wayland, Concord, Westwood, Medfield, Lincoln, Cohasset, Hingham, Hopkinton, Holliston, Milton, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Martha’s Vineyard
Considering moving to Winchester? Make sure to check out the following sites:
- interior design Winchester MA
- interior design in Winchester
- Winchester interior design
- interior designers Winchester MA
- interior designers in Winchester
- Winchester interior designers
- design services Winchester MA
- design services in Winchester
- Winchester design services
- local interior designers Winchester MA
- local interior designers in Winchester
- Winchester local interior designers
- interior designers near me Winchester MA
- interior designers near me in Winchester
- Winchester interior designers near me
- architectural renovation services Winchester MA
- architectural renovation services in Winchester
- Winchester architectural renovation services
- interior design practice Winchester MA
- interior design practice in Winchester
- Winchester interior design practice
- interior architecture Winchester MA
- interior architecture in Winchester
- Winchester interior architecture
- custom furniture design Winchester MA
- custom furniture design in Winchester
- Winchester custom furniture design
- color consultation Winchester MA
- color consultation in Winchester
- Winchester color consultation
- interior decorators Winchester MA
- interior decorators in Winchester
- Winchester interior decorators
- best interior designers Winchester MA
- best interior designers in Winchester
- Winchester best interior designers
- find interior designers Winchester MA
- find interior designers in Winchester
- Winchester find interior designers